- For our guests outside of the EU an invitation letter prepared by our office is needed (in this we have to indicate the type and caliber of the firearms as well as the amount of ammunition intended to take into the country) and you need to receive a firearms import license on the EU border station by showing your passport and valid firearms license of your home country. nYou can obtain the firearms import license at the airport after passport control and baggage claim choosing the red corridor. On public roads you need to check in the weapon at the EU border station after passport control and obtain the license afterwards. The licence fee is 3.000,- Ft. You have to keep the firearm import license during the hunt and hand it over after leaving the EU which proves that the weapon left the EU. Failing to do so will result in an action by the customs office.
- For our guests coming from the EU an invitation letter prepared by our office is needed (in this we have to indicate the type and caliber of the firearms as well as the amount of ammunition intended to take into the country) and you need an EU Firearms passport as well as your travel documents (passport or ID).
Weapons authorized for hunting
- In Hungary the use of shotguns is only allowed for small game except for wild boar which is allowed to be taken down with a slug fired from a shotgun. Only three shells are allowed to be loaded into semi-automatic shotguns at once.
- Only hunting bullets with a muzzle energy of 2500 Joules or above are allowed to be used for big game (except for roe deer which is allowed to be taken down with hunting bullets of at least 1000 Joules of muzzle energy).
- The use of automatic and semi-automatic hunting rifles is prohibited.
- In Hungary it is obligatory to display the antlers of red stags, fallow bucks and roe bucks, the horns of mouflon rams as well as the tusks of boars with a bigger average lenght of 16 cm on a trophy evaluation within 30 days after they were taken down.
- In case of the trophies exceeding the international point limit (IP) mentioned below the hunting authority is obligated to display the trophy to the ministry for the „National treasure” title declaration:
- red deer: 240 IP
- fallow deer: 200 IP
- roe deer: 170 IP
- mouflon: 220 IP
- wild boar: 130 IP
The guest receives a copy of the trophies which were declared a „National treasure.”
- Within the EU an original exemplar of the bill prepared by the hunting organizing office or the authorized hunter is needed as well as the trophy evaluation ticket.
- Outside of the EU an original exemplar of the bill prepared by the hunting organizing office or the authorized hunter, the trophy evaluation ticket, the customs declaration and the verification of the veterinarian officer are needed.
- Within the EU one specimen of big game mentioned on the bill as well as the amount of small game for self-consumption can be transported without special licenses.
- Outside of the EU the customs declaration and the verification of the veterinarian officer are needed besides the bill.
General terms and conditions
The Eurohunting Ltd. Terms and Conditions form can be downloaded here.